Get ready for the New Media Europe Awards!
As part of our work here at New Media we would like to also take this opportunity to recognise people and organisations in the “new media” space who do remarkable things and create the digital mark on people of new media generation. Those are modern influencers, trendsetters who build and lead tribes and deserve remarks.
We have the pleasure to announce that the New Media Europe 2016 conference will be host to the following 6 New Media Europe Awards during our evening gala.
- Best UK Podcast of 2016 Award Open to UK Podcasters only, all categories, styles and niches are welcome.
- Audience Appreciation Award Award for the most engaged audience, community or tribe of a podcast. Podcasting is a fantastic way to influence other people. This award is heading to hands of podcast which impacts the most people with their work.
- World’s Best Podcast of 2016 Open to all podcasts (regardless of geographic location). As podcasters we often listen to podcasts or even start podcasting because of the content we found. This award is to recognise the most prominent podcast worldwide.
- 2016 Community Award Open to existing online tribes and communities. An online community is a group of people with common interests who use the Internet (websites, email, FB groups, social media, etc) to communicate, work together and pursue their interests over time.The requirement here is for the community to have a visible presence online.
- 2016 Influencer Award Award for people who have ability to influence the behaviour or opinion of others in a positive way. Anyone who impacted your life significantly over the last 2 or 3 years – their name should go here! The requirement here is for the individual to have a visible presence online.
- 2016 App Award Award for software, tools, programmes, websites that make significant impact on the work of new media users. Those are the apps you literally could not do your work behind. The requirement here is for the app to have visible presence online.
The Voting Process
***STAGE 3: Awards (18th June)
Decision on the winner will be made with 50% deciding factor given to the number of votes and 50% based on the votes from independent jury. Those individuals will judge each category based on the number of factors.
What will the jury look for to determine winners?
- Audio quality (podcasters only)
- Description of the podcast (podcasters only)
- Online presence (website)
- How easy is it to listen and subscribe (podcasters only)
- Social media activity
The judges decision is final. Any entry can be disqualified at any time at the discretion of the awards committee. No correspondence will be entered into with unsuccessful or disqualified entries. The awards will be announced and handed out during the New Media Europe event on the night of 18th June during exclusive Gala Dinner Party.
You can attend the awards ceremony without attending the full New Media Europe event. Tickets and details are available here.
STAGE 2: Official nominees for each category 31st May – 10th June
From STAGE 1 voting we will select TOP 10 voted nominations for each category. The sole deciding factor here is the number of votes.
All of the qualifying nominees can be viewed here.
From 31st May till 10th June you were able to vote for nominees in each category. The voting was conducted solely via Twitter. Voting is now closed.
STAGE 1: Nominations 9th May – 29th May (Closed)
We invited everyone to nominate and vote for nominations via our event page on Facebook. You can view results and access all of the categories here.
We are a group of “new media” focused users. Facebook offers us a genuine opportunity to bring votes online and be transparent with voters and nominees. In order to vote a person has to be a Facebook user. Plus (unlike many other platforms) it is very hard to “game” this system. We feel this is in the best interest of all.
There is a poll inside the Event Page for New Media Europe for each category. Make sure to look through the list and either vote for existing entry or create a new one. You can vote for multiple entries.
Each category is open to the first 100 unique nominations. Our team will be actively ensuring that no duplicates or abuse happens. Anyone who breaks the rules will be banned from the Facebook page immediately. This is why it is important to make sure to look through the list before inserting your nomination and also ensure your nomination is 100% correct.
Highlights From 2015
The community of UK Podcasters is at the heart of operations here at New Media Europe and we are willing to go a long way to grow podcasting in the UK. As part of our efforts we would like to recognise incredible individuals behind the microphones.
In 2015 we have introduced our first UK Podcasters Awards where 12 awards were given to the most prominent podcasters in the UK and abroad. View some of the highlights of the event last year.
We have a number of sponsorship options available for companies and individuals interested to support New Media Europe Awards. Please contact [email protected] for more details.