Phil Pallen is a brand and social media strategist. He believes that social media and visual identity are co-dependent, essential pieces of a brand. His work merges both of these worlds.
He builds brands for TV personalities, public figures and entrepreneurs. Although he lives in Los Angeles, his clients are based around the world. Many of Phil's clients appear on shows like Shark Tank, Dancing with the Stars, The X Factor, Project Runway, The Doctors and many others.
Outside of consulting, Phil speaks at conferences across North America; teaches social media strategy to aspiring TV hosts; and shares his passion for technology on the web on eHow Tech. His book, Shut Up and Tweet, contains game-changing strategies that will turn you into a Twitter rockstar.
[bctt tweet=”My number one traffic referrer is Twitter. – @philpallen”]
Top Quotes From Phil Pallen:
- “When it comes to growing your brand and building proof that you're an expert… social media and online marketing is really the best way we can do that in a lean way.”
- “My formula to branding is: something you love to do with something other people need.”
- “I encourage people all the time to start creating their own content.”
- “Some people call it content marketing; I think it's really just reminding people that you're the boss – that you're the expert in this space.
- “Even though social media and online marketing is my world, I still think referral (word-of-mouth) is always going to be the strongest way to market a business.”
- “My number one traffic referrer is Twitter.”
- “If you just spend few hours a week – 2 hours a week on Twitter, you can grow your audience by the thousands.”
- “You use technology in the way that works for you. Everyone works out their own system.”
- 1:20 – Host Mike Russell welcomes Phil Pallen to the show
- 2:00 – Phil talks about how he is using new media for his own personal brand, his business and his clients
- 3:30 – Phil's work on American Idol
- 4:52 – Phil gives tips on how a personality can build his/her online presence
- 7:51 – On celebrities starting their own blog or podcast
- 10:22 – What Phil is doing to get noticed all over the world
- 11:50 – Why Phil loves Twitter
- 13:30 – Phil compares Twitter to an airport
- 16:08 – Phil on automating and scheduling Twitter posts
- 18:30 – Why he likes Buffer
- 20:15 – His opinion on email and how he uses it as his to-do list
- 21:35 – Phil on coming to the New Media Europe Conference
Learn More From Phil!
Listen right until the end of our show to claim our special offer, and join us for the next episode as we get some LinkedIn level-up tips from expert Mark Williams!