In December 2005, Cliff Ravenscraft, together with his wife, Stephanie, founded the Generally Speaking Production Network (gspn.tv). Since then, he has produced over 3,200 of his very own podcast episodes devoted to Entertainment, Family, Faith, Business and Technology.
In December 2006, Cliff launched PodcastAnswerMan.com, where he has since helped thousands of individuals and organisations launch successful podcasts through one-on-one consulting/coaching and through his Podcasting A to Z online training course (http://PodcastingAtoZ.com). If you were to look at the top 100 podcasts in the business category of iTunes, more than 50 of these shows were created by clients who worked with Cliff.
Cliff is one of New Media Europe’s keynote speakers and he will talk about How To Change The World With The Content You Create.
[bctt tweet=”#Podcasting has no rules… it is the Wild West of communication with the world. – @GSPN”]
Top Quotes from Cliff Ravenscraft:
- “My favourite thing about podcasting is the fact that I can take something that I’m interested in… and I can find an entire audience around the world of people who share my passion for that particular topic.”
- “With an audio podcast, I could get behind a microphone and talk for an hour!”
- “By just sharing what’s going on in my life, I’m having a powerful and positive influence and impact on the lives of the people who listen.”
- “Podcasting for business is excellent and it helps you create content that will keep your business top of mind.”
- “If you’re giving them value… people will want to and have a strong desire to return whatever value you’ve given to them.”
- “Podcasting has no rules… it is the Wild West of communication with the world.”
- “Make sure that the podcast that they come up with is not a weekly audio commercial for your company.” [on businesses starting a podcast]
- “Just give your target audience—your customer base—something that’s of value to them.”
- “I want to give you the encouragement and motivation to get out there and create content.” [on his keynote speech]
- “Having an audio podcast is probably one of the best investments you can make to take your message or business or your brand to the next level.”
- “There’s nothing more powerful to communicate excitement and passion and, just really, your humanity in a digital form than through an audio podcast.”
- “This is gonna be an opportunity for me to connect with people who may have never had the opportunity to travel to United States for a conference.” [on attending NMEU]
- [spp-timestamp time=”00:29″] – Host Izabela Russell introduces and welcomes the episode’s guest and one of New Media Europe’s keynote speakers, Cliff Ravenscraft
- [spp-timestamp time=”01:53″] – Cliff’s favourite thing about podcasting
- [spp-timestamp time=”04:24″] – Cliff’s opinion on podcasting for business
- [spp-timestamp time=”05:20″] – The theory of reciprocity
- [spp-timestamp time=”06:32″] – How the high-value items on Cliff’s website are selling
- [spp-timestamp time=”08:32″] – Cliff’s tips on how businesses with a lot of employees should approach podcasting
- [spp-timestamp time=”10:24″] – Cliff’s biggest recommendation for starting a podcast for business
- [spp-timestamp time=”11:12″] – How to come up with content if you podcasting for business
- [spp-timestamp time=”13:16″] – What to expect from Cliff’s speech at the New Media Europe conference
- [spp-timestamp time=”15:33″] – Tip for those planning to start their own podcast
- [spp-timestamp time=”16:18″] – On businesses starting a YouTube channel
- [spp-timestamp time=”20:10″] – What Cliff thinks of Periscope
- [spp-timestamp time=”22:02″] – People that Cliff is looking forward to meeting at New Media Europe
- [spp-timestamp time=”23:57″] – Cliff’s drink of choice
- [spp-timestamp time=”25:13″] – How to connect with Cliff online
- [spp-timestamp time=”26:30″] – Izabela thanks Cliff and wraps up the show
Connect with Cliff!
Gabby Wallace joins our next episode to talk about teaching online from anywhere in the world! There’s still time to get 20% off registration to New Media Europe; just listen to the end of the show to get an exclusive coupon!