Rich Hudson is an entrepreneur in the chemical industry. His day job is Managing Director of a chemical manufacturing company. He leverages new media to grow the business, which is going well, and they are forecasting sales of around £5m this year.
Rich has managed the business' web presence from nothing (literally!) 15 years ago to where it is today – a handful of authority sites with strong traffic and solid brands. These include Chemicals.co.uk (one of the UK's most prominent e-commerce chemical shops), TheChemicalBlog.co.uk (a blog Rich started 3 years ago which now gets 3,000 unique visitors a day) and a group of international websites which promote his main business interests. He also keeps a personal blog at RichHudson.co.uk.
[bctt tweet=”If I could get a selfie with @ChrisDucker, I think that would be quite cool. – @RichHudsonUK”]
Top Quotes from Rich Hudson:
- “The landscape has changed tremendously… It's a constantly developing landscape and it's changed a lot in the time that I've been involved in it.” [on marketing businesses online and using new media]
- “I try and get as many people in the business involved in that [company blog] as possible… It's not just one person's viewpoint. It's good to speak to people in sales, operations, all throughout the business, and get them involved.”
- “I've provided LinkedIn training for everyone who's office-based.”
- “Social media's really good. It's a great way to generate exposure and drive traffic.”
- “I think if you've got any blog or website or even a business, it's good to focus on a niche.”
- “The aim is to get maximum return for minimal output or involvement.”
- “Social media and B2B don't really mix very well together.”
- “I can honestly say that if I won the lottery tomorrow, I will still come in to work.”
- “I feel very fortunate to be doing something that I love for a living.”
- “I don't think the B2B chemical niche is ready for a podcasting just yet.”
- “If you follow a good blog that's well-run, you can get ideas from that for your own blog even though it might be completely unrelated.”
- “If I could get a selfie with Chris Ducker, I think that would be quite cool.” [on attending NMEU]
- “I don't know what ideas I'll come away with, but I imagine it will be incredibly worthwhile.” [on attending NMEU]
- [spp-timestamp time=”00:27″] – Host Mike Russell introduces and welcomes the episode's guest, Rich Hudson
- [spp-timestamp time=”01:28″] – Rich gives a little background on his company ReAgent and his websites
- [spp-timestamp time=”03:10″] – Rich shares how he uses new media for his business, his personal brand, and B2B marketing
- [spp-timestamp time=”05:26″] – When Rich started TheChemicalBlog.co.uk and how much traffic it gets
- [spp-timestamp time=”07:29″] – On changing the domain name of TheChemicalBlog.co.uk because of its growth in traffic
- [spp-timestamp time=”08:36″] – Whether they can sell internationally through Chemicals.co.uk
- [spp-timestamp time=”09:40″] – Putting affiliate links on his websites and earning from them
- [spp-timestamp time=”10:35″] – Geo-targeting and splitting ads
- [spp-timestamp time=”11:58″] – Having the passion for what he's doing
- [spp-timestamp time=”12:55″] – Rich's thoughts and ideas on podcasting and creating videos
- [spp-timestamp time=”13:58″] – Top blogs or podcasts that inspires Rich
- [spp-timestamp time=”18:26″] – Tools that Rich cannot live without
- [spp-timestamp time=”22:29″] – What made Rich decide to attend the New Media Europe Conference
- [spp-timestamp time=”24:52″] – Other places online to find Rich
Rich has more to share!
Listen to the end of the show to get an exclusive registration coupon to the New Media Europe Conference. Join us on our next episode as our guest Kenny Goodman talks about the power of webinars!