I am always interested in the “party lines” or “conversation openers”. Did you know that more people are alive today that have ever died before? You see, I have your attention! Those short and to the point facts are great conversation starters. When it comes to new media they are also mind blowing with potential consequences for your business strategy.
New Media Stats
- We have 7.5 billion humans alive today.
- There are 8.04 billion mobile subscriptions globally (108% of the world population). Officially more mobiles than people – do you still think that mobile responsive website is a bad investment? Think again!
- 50% of the world population has daily internet access. That number is growing fast as the previously undeveloped countries are making this their top infrastructure investment.
- 2.3 billion active social media users around the world. Do you still think that social media presence is the waste of time?
- Social media users around the globe are growing at the annual rate of 21%.
- Brush up on the Chinese. 42% of all online traffic comes from Asia.
If you like facts and numbers I recommend the 200+ page 2017 Digital Yearbook by Hootsuite and We are social. You can view new media stats by country. Fascinating to compare things such as online penetration, urbanization and mobile users.