Nominations have now been completed. Below is the list of all of the nominees for New Media Europe Awards in 2016.
STAGE 1 voting results are posted below.
BEST UK PODCAST OF 2016 AWARD
- A Little Bit Racey
- Curious Handmade Podcast
- Meaningful Money
- Pablo’s Poppin’ Podcast
- Shinybees Knitting Comedy and Yarn Podcast
- STARBURST Radio Podcast
- The New Generation Project Podcast
- The Soulful PR Podcast
- Videogamer UK
AUDIENCE APPRECIATION AWARD
- Aprender Ingles con Reza y Craig
- Audio Drama Production Podcast
- Bad Boy Running
- Beer O’clock Show
- Curious Handmade Podcast
- Little Voice Big Business
- Shinybees Knitting Comedy and Yarn Podcast
- The Changeability Podcast
- The Property Podcast
- The Tough Girl Podcast
WORLD’S BEST PODCAST OF 2016
- Belgian Smaak
- Game That Tune
- How To Write A Tune
- Milk the Cow Podcast
- Retro Asylum
- Retro Domination Podcast
- RGDS Podcast
- Show Me Games
- The Irish Beer Snobs
- The Retro Hour
2016 COMMUNITY AWARD
- Chuffsters – Videogamer UK Fans
- Duckhunters – The IGN UK Podcast Community
- My Live School
- Podcasters’ Paradise
- She Podcasts
- Social Media London
- The Content Marketing Academy
- The Geek Show Podcast Network
- UK Podcasters
2016 INFLUENCER AWARD
- Alan Coote (Let’s Talk Business)
- Chris Ducker (Virtual Staff Finder and Youpreneur Community)
- Gary Vaynerchuk (Vayner Media)
- Gill Donnell (Successful Women)
- Ian Farrar (Industry Angel)
- Nadia Finer (Little Voice Big Business)
- Neil C Hughes (Tech Blog Writer)
- Paul Jarvis (pjrvs.com)
- Sarah Williams (Tough Girl Challanges)
- Tim Ferriss (4-Hour Workweek)
2016 APP AWARD
- Adobe Audition
- Evernote Web Clipper
- Meet Edgar
- Podcast Addict
- Simple Podcast Press
- Smart Podcast Player
Why is there a discrepancy between the top results and the final list of nominees?
Thank you so much for all of your comments and votes for our wonderful nominees. I know that every vote means a lot to them!
I would like to remind everyone that we are a group of people who are passionate about podcasting, we put a lot of our time and effort into this with absolutely no financial reward or gain. Mike and I started UK Podcasters community in 2014 which has grown from 0 to over 500 passionate podcasters – and we are still growing!
We have received a number of rather nasty comments, accusing us of fixing the results and discrimination of individuals. One went even as far as threatening us with solicitors. Those comments can be rather disheartening.
In the spirit for a full disclosure below are some entries that we didn’t take into consideration from each category, together with a transparent explanation as to why they did not make it to the top 10.
Audience Appreciation Award
- The Natural Essence House Show – This is a music show. Our judges are only qualified to judge the engagement of speech based podcasts.
- Milk The Cow Podcast – This show has been entered twice on the voting poll. We were very clear that we will take the one with highest votes and will not be responsible for multiple entries causing confusion.
World’s Best Podcast
- Show Me Games – we are very sorry for not including you straight away. Simple glitch on the page with nominees. Fixed now and you are now included as you should be from the start!
This is one of the awards were many entries were made, however not many had a visible online community presence that we could find. Some of the entries were in fact just podcasts or shows. Disqualified entries included:
Milk The Cow Podcast
The Lemon Circus
The Tough Girl Podcast
Final Fantasy / Kingdom Hearts UK Union Fans
- Barry Nugent & David Monteith (Geek Syndicate) – couple of things here made us decide that this entry should not qualify. Firstly the award is designed for an individual, secondly whilst we researched online both Barry and David we did not find a strong individual presence for each of them (beyond their combined effort of Geek Syndicate).
- Milk The Cow Podcast – the award is for an individual, not a podcast.
We wish all of the nominees best of luck with further process and of course are here to answer any questions you may have!
Co-Founder of UK Podcasters Community
This is What Happened in 2015
In 2015 we have introduced our first UK Podcasters Awards where 12 awards were given to the most prominent podcasters in the UK and abroad. View some of the highlights of the event last year.
Are You Ready For 2016?
As part of our work here at New Media we would like to also take this opportunity to recognise people and organisations in the “new media” space who do remarkable things and create the digital mark on people of new media generation. Those are modern influencers, trendsetters who build and lead tribes and deserve remarks.
We have the pleasure to announce that the New Media Europe 2016 conference will be host to the following 6 New Media Europe Awards during our evening gala.
The Voting Process
STAGE 1: Nominations 9th May – 29th May
We invite everyone to nominate and vote for nominations via our event page on Facebook. You can access all of the categories and make your votes online right on this very page.
We are a group of “new media” focused users. Facebook offers us a genuine opportunity to bring votes online and be transparent with voters and nominees. In order to vote a person has to be a Facebook user. Plus (unlike many other platforms) it is very hard to “game” this system. We feel this is in the best interest of all.
There is a poll inside the Event Page for New Media Europe for each category. Make sure to look through the list and either vote for existing entry or create a new one. You can vote for multiple entries.
Each category is open to the first 100 unique nominations. Our team will be actively ensuring that no duplicates or abuse happens. Anyone who breaks the rules will be banned from the Facebook page immediately. This is why it is important to make sure to look through the list before inserting your nomination and also ensure your nomination is 100% correct.
STAGE 2: Official nominees for each category 29th May – 10th June
From STAGE 1 voting we will select TOP 10 voted nominations for each category. The sole deciding factor here is the number of votes.
From 29th May till 10th June you will be able to vote for nominees in each category. The voting will be conducted solely via Twitter. Once nominees have been selected you will be able to “click” to vote here.
STAGE 3: Awards
Decision on the winner will be made with 50% deciding factor given to the number of votes and 50% based on the votes from independent jury. Those individuals will judge each category based on the number of factors. See more details here.
The awards will be announced and handed out during the New Media Europe event on the night of 18th June during exclusive Gala Dinner Party.
You can attend the awards ceremony without attending the full New Media Europe event. Tickets and details are available here.
We have a number of sponsorship options available for companies and individuals interested to support New Media Europe Awards. Please contact [email protected] for more details.