Following a career spanning 20 years in the recruitment industry, Mark set up ETN LinkedIn training in 2008. Since then, he has trained thousands of LinkedIn users from a diverse range of industries and roles. He is also an accomplished keynote speaker, blogger and podcaster with his popular show LinkedInformed. Mark’s passion for his niche subject shines through as he enthusiastically demonstrates why LinkedIn is such a key business tool.
[bctt tweet=”A limited number of skills that get highly endorsed is more beneficial to you. – @mr_linkedin”]
Top Quotes from Mark Williams:
- “Strangely enough, the most popular and the most successful group for LinkedIn trainers is actually on Google+!”
- “I get a lot of my inspiration, in terms of what I can do with my podcast, from some of these ones that aren’t so business-oriented because I actually think sometimes that’s the secret to getting through to your audience; it’s the storytelling skills that you can pick up from all these other podcasts.”
- “If you’re going to post to a [LinkedIn] group, you should go in the group and make it specific to that group… There’s a danger in blasting things across multiple groups.”
- “The timing of your update in a [LinkedIn] group is less important; that doesn’t really matter.”
- “Time is important. Content is clearly very important, and the key to content is that about 60‒75% of your content needs to be giving lots of value to the reader.” [On LinkedIn posts]
- “Sometimes a more limited number of skills that get highly endorsed is more beneficial to you.”
- 1:10 – Host Mike Russell welcomes Mark Williams to the podcast
- 2:01 – Mark talks about how he did networking before he started joining conferences
- 2:28 – How Mark uses new media in his business
- 3:45 – Mark talks about his podcast, LinkedInformed
- 4:56 – Mark recommends 3 podcasts that he listens to regularly
- 8:25 – New media tools that Mark cannot live without
- 9:00 – Mark explains how he uses Evernote’s web clipper extension for his podcast
- 10:24 – Using Buffer to post on LinkedIn
- 11:43 – How to get the most interaction on your personal LinkedIn profile
- 12:10 – Mark’s opinion of skills on LinkedIn
- 17:10 – Mark on attending the New Media Europe conference
Learn more from Mr LinkedIn!
In Our Next Episode…
For a discounted registration to our conference, listen until the end of our show! Matthew McLean is our next guest, and he’ll talk about audio drama production for a new generation.