Ian Anderson Gray is a web developer and social media consultant. He runs the social media blog Seriously Social and co-founded Select Performers Internet Solutions – a family-run web and digital marketing agency based in the North West of England. He has a passion for turning the techno-babble of web development, internet security, social media and technology into plain English. He also runs a local tech meet-up (Cheadle Geeks) and a co-workers event (Cheadle Jelly). Aside from being a husband and dad to two rather lively children, Ian is also a professional singer and lives in South Manchester.
Ian will be speaking at the New Media Europe on How To Find The Best Social Media Management Tool For Your Business.
[bctt tweet=”I’m incredibly passionate about #newmedia. – @iagdotme”]
Top Quotes from Ian Anderson Gray:
- “I'm really excited about speaking at the New Media Europe conference.”
- “I'm a big Twitter fan but sometimes Twitter can be a little bit overwhelming.”
- “Just start small – that's how most of us started.” [on using social media]
- “I don't think they are the answer to all your problems, but social media tools can make you more effective, efficient, and hopefully help you make smarter business decisions.”
- “These kinds of tools are the one tool that rules them all.” [on social media management tools]
- “It's been about building relationships.” [on using new media]
- “There are quite a few high-profile bloggers and business owners now that are switching off comments, which I find a bit bewildering.”
- “I'm incredibly passionate about new media.”
- “You don't know who you're going to meet and you don't know what those conversations are gonna be and what opportunities are gonna come out of it, and so I'm just really excited about it.” [on attending NMEU]
- The Marketing Companion Podcast by Mark Schaefer and Tom Webster
- Security Now Podcast by Steve Gibson and Leo Laporte
- Dustin Stout
- [spp-timestamp time=”00:27″] – Host Izabela Russell introduces and welcomes the episode's guest, Ian Anderson Gray
- [spp-timestamp time=”01:13″] – Ian talks about being a “social media guru”
- [spp-timestamp time=”01:49″] – Ian's favourite thing about social media
- [spp-timestamp time=”02:37″] – The best thing that happened to Ian because of social media
- [spp-timestamp time=”03:35″] – Ian's tip for someone going into social media for the first time
- [spp-timestamp time=”04:55″] – What to expect from Ian's speech at the New Media Europe conference
- [spp-timestamp time=”05:42″] – Ian shares the most popular social media management tools
- [spp-timestamp time=”06:33″] – New media tools that Ian cannot live without
- [spp-timestamp time=”07:33″] – How Ian is using new media for his personal brand and business
- [spp-timestamp time=”09:05″] – Top blogs and podcasts that Ian is following
- [spp-timestamp time=”10:29″] – What made Ian decide to speak at the New Media Europe conference
- [spp-timestamp time=”11:06″] – People that Ian is looking forward to meeting at the conference
- [spp-timestamp time=”12:53″] – Ian's drink of choice
- [spp-timestamp time=”13:52″] – Where to find Ian online
- [spp-timestamp time=”14:08″] – Izabela thanks Ian and wraps up the show
Find Ian online!
Listen in as Izabela chats to John Colley about success and passive income! Don't miss the New Media Europe conference this September… get 20% discount on your registration just by listening to the end of the show!