New Media Europe is hiring! Here’s your chance to be part of an exciting new media conference, as well as an inspirational and collaborative community of UK podcasters.
Our social media manager will look after every aspect of social media marketing for the New Media Europe yearly conference and our sub-brand, UK Podcasters.
This role will include a focus on content strategy, developing brand awareness, generating inbound traffic and cultivating leads & sales. You'll be a highly motivated individual with experience and a passion for designing and implementing content strategy, creating relevant content, blogging, podcasting, community participation and leadership.
Community management is also a very active part of this role. We have thriving groups and discussions on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and other platforms.
This position will be a work-from-home role on a freelance basis (you therefore are responsible for paying your own taxes). Hours of work can be discussed in detail with each candidate individually.
About New Media Europe
New Media Europe is a one-of-a-kind European new media conference. Topics covered include podcasting, blogging, online video, social media, web creation and more. It's a 2-day event that take place annually. This year, we'll have 200 delegates from all corners of Europe and from around the world.
About UK Podcasters
A community for individuals who are invested in their personal and professional growth, and leverage the power of podcasting to do just that! This is a group of podcasters based in the United Kingdom. We hold meetups on a monthly basis all over the UK, and are very active in our UK Podcasters Facebook group.
- Knowledge and experience in the tenets of traditional marketing. A marketing degree is welcomed but not required with relevant work experience.
- A documented and visible presence on social media. (Please provide links to brands and companies with specific examples of content you have directly created.)
- Experience sourcing and managing content development and publishing.
- An ability to jump from the creative side of marketing to analytics and demonstrate why an idea is analytically sound.
- An in-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, their respective participants (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest, etc.), and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios.
- Excellent writing and language skills in the British English language. This is an absolute requirement.
- A working knowledge of the blogging ecosystem relevant to new media and social media.
- A team player with the confidence to take the lead and guide others when necessary (e.g. managing content development, creation and editing of content, and online reputation management).
- Good technical understanding and able to pick up new tools quickly. We presently use Buffer, TweetDeck, Hootsuite and Basecamp; however, we're open to using other tools—if you know of something that will do a better job, please let us know!
- Functional knowledge and/or personal experience with WordPress.
- Winning social customer service techniques. Possesses a great ability to identify potential negative or crisis situations and apply conflict resolution principles to mitigate issues.
Desired Skills: While these skills are desired, an in-depth knowledge is not required, as we will provide on-the-job training.
- An understanding of podcasting and how it may be used as an effective marketing tool.
- The ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written, audio and video format.
- A working knowledge of principles of SEO including keyword research. Highly knowledgeable in the principles of “Search and Social”.