John Colley is the founder and host of the Online Learning Podcast. He is also a best-selling Udemy instructor and coach, and was an Officer in the British Army. He has spent nearly 30 years advising businesses on strategy, funding and marketing.
A member of Udemy’s Global Instructor Council, John’s passion for online learning has led to him being recognised as one of the experts when it comes to creating online courses, particularly on Udemy, as his 20,000+ students will testify! You can learn more about John and the Online Learning Podcast on his blog.
John will be speaking at the New Media Europe conference on Online Courses Workshop: Six Steps To Success And Passive Income.
[bctt tweet=”I have a complete ecosystem of #newmedia. – @jbdcolley”]
Top Quotes from John Colley:
- “Once a student's taken one of your courses, it's very likely they'll come back and take another and then another and then another, provided you keep adding value.”
- “Really plan and work out what you are expert at.” [for those who want to start an online course]
- “You need to marry your expertise… with actually doing something specific.”
- “You do need to keep telling people about your courses… there is a lot of competition.”
- “Udemy is only the starting point; you can build a whole side hustle or online business… based around online courses.”
- “I have a complete ecosystem of new media.”
- “This whole amazing world of different types of media and different places to use it and to monetise is just phenomenal.”
- “I'm completely passionate about getting as much of the knowledge that's sitting inside this little head of mine out there and sharing it with the world.”
- “Make sure that whenever you put something up, you have a call to action that leads somebody to somewhere you want them to go.”
- [spp-timestamp time=”00:28″] – Host Izabela Russell introduces and welcomes the episode's guest and New Media Europe speaker, John Colley
- [spp-timestamp time=”01:27″] – How John got into the niche of online courses
- [spp-timestamp time=”03:12″] – John's background
- [spp-timestamp time=”04:24″] – John's favourite thing about online courses
- [spp-timestamp time=”05:23″] – Tip for anyone who wants to start an online course
- [spp-timestamp time=”06:50″] – What to expect from John's speech at New Media Europe
- [spp-timestamp time=”09:08″] – John's six steps to starting your own online course
- [spp-timestamp time=”09:58″] – How John is using new media for his own personal brand and business
- [spp-timestamp time=”11:24″] – John talks about the importance of keeping your online presence and materials linked together
- [spp-timestamp time=”12:25″] – The top podcasts that John is listening to right now
- [spp-timestamp time=”13:36″] – People that John is looking forward to meeting at New Media Europe
- [spp-timestamp time=”15:11″] – John's drink of choice
- [spp-timestamp time=”16:10″] – How to connect with John online
Learn more from John!
Izabela talks to David Shaw about why good content is not enough. Can't get enough of new media? There's a lot more to learn at the New Media Europe conference this September! Seize the opportunity to get 20% off your registration just by listening to the end of the show!