David Shaw is CMO at Virally and is a passionate content marketer. A regular speaker in the south east digital scene, David brings energy and enthusiasm to his talks and has a knack for bringing simplicity to more technical subjects. A keen blogger and podcaster, David is always looking to understand how digital affects business and translate that for his audience.
David will be speaking at New Media Europe on Why Good Content Is Not Enough.
[bctt tweet=”Your #website belongs to your prospects & your customers.” – @Davidmarkshaw”]
Top Quotes from David Shaw:
- “Content marketing is the way sales and marketing should be done.”
- “Sales and marketing should be working together as a single entity.”
- “I would start off by really understanding who your existing customers are, really get to know why they work with you, why they’ve chosen you.” [on getting started with content marketing]
- “Most people make the very big mistake on their websites of thinking that it’s their website, and it’s not; your website belongs to your prospects and your customers—it’s about what they‘re looking to get from it.”
- “You’ve got to be thinking about when somebody lands on that website, what is that information they’re looking for?”
- “That’s the game we’re in today—we’re in the attention game.”
- “If your content is very vanilla, if it sits on the fence, it’s not really saying anything that’s not already been said before necessarily, it’s really not gonna move the needle.”
- “Give people a reason… Why should they join your email list? Why should they follow you on social media?”
- [spp-timestamp time=”00:28″] – Host Izabela Russell introduces and welcomes the episode’s guest and New Media Europe speaker, David Shaw
- [spp-timestamp time=”01:03″] – David talks about what he does and his background
- [spp-timestamp time=”01:55″] – David’s favourite thing about content marketing
- [spp-timestamp time=”03:23″] – David gives a tip for those who are just starting out with content and digital marketing
- [spp-timestamp time=”04:14″] – On what a website should contain
- [spp-timestamp time=”05:32″] – What to expect from David’s talk at New Media Europe
- [spp-timestamp time=”06:48″] – The kind of content that needs to be created
- [spp-timestamp time=”08:15″] – What email sign-ups need to have
- [spp-timestamp time=”09:03″] – David’s recommended new media tools
- [spp-timestamp time=”10:28″] – Top podcasts that David is listening to right now
- [spp-timestamp time=”11:18″] – What made David decide to join New Media Europe as a speaker
- [spp-timestamp time=”12:10″] – People that David is looking forward to meeting at the conference
- [spp-timestamp time=”12:39″] – David’s drink of choice
- [spp-timestamp time=”13:08″] – Where to find David online
- [spp-timestamp time=”13:18″] – Izabela thanks David and wraps up the show
Connect with David online!
Our next episode will feature Dr. Eva Detko as she joins Mike to talk about podcasting on clinical hypnotherapy and natural health. New Media Europe is fast approaching – listen to the end of the show to get an exclusive coupon that will give you discounted registration!