Trajan King’s experience includes working in Silicon Valley as a consultant to some of the world’s largest Internet companies and as Chief Executive Officer of several companies. He’s also an occasional investor.
His experience includes advising Silicon Valley Fortune 100 technology companies in saving money on infrastructure costs, streamlining operations in Manhattan at Deutsche Bank, Europe’s largest investment bank, and as Chief Financial Officer and then Chief Executive Officer of a marketing agency, which was sold to the American Dental Association. He turned the company profitable and brought in a new investment partner to take the company to the next level of growth.
[bctt tweet=”It’s important to engage with your audience… people want to connect with a brand. – @TrajanKing”]
Top Quotes from Trajan King:
- “As business owners, we need to make sure that we’re converting the traffic that’s on our site.”
- “That’s the crux ultimately of increasing conversions: it’s getting the right people to your website.”
- “I would rather have 10 people following me on Twitter if all 10 people were engaged and they loved everything that I post.”
- “I’ll be teaching for part of it and then learning for all the rest of it.” [on attending the New Media Europe conference]
- “It’s important to engage with your audience… people want to connect with a brand.”
- “There’s always something new to experiment with.” [on using new media]
- “I was mostly attracted to the breadth of speakers and people from all over in different backgrounds and different topics.”
- [spp-timestamp time=”00:30″] – Host Izabela Russell introduces and welcomes the episode’s guest, Trajan King
- [spp-timestamp time=”01:50″] – What to expect in Trajan’s talk at the New Media Europe conference
- [spp-timestamp time=”02:48″] – On website conversions and their importance to business owners
- [spp-timestamp time=”04:10″] – On prioritising quality followers over quantity
- [spp-timestamp time=”05:17″] – Trajan talks about the old-style SEO techniques and traffic generation strategies
- [spp-timestamp time=”07:03″] – How Trajan is using new media for his business and own personal brand
- [spp-timestamp time=”08:44″] – Trajan’s top 3 blogs and podcasts
- [spp-timestamp time=”09:49″] – New media tools that Trajan cannot live without
- [spp-timestamp time=”10:41″] – On Facebook groups
- [spp-timestamp time=”11:52″] – What made Trajan decide to join the conference as one of the speakers
- [spp-timestamp time=”12:32″] – People that Trajan are looking forward to meeting at the conference
- [spp-timestamp time=”13:21″] – Trajan’s drink of choice
- [spp-timestamp time=”14:08″] – How to connect with Trajan online
- [spp-timestamp time=”14:40″] – Izabela thanks Trajan and wraps up the show
Connect with Trajan!
Join us for the next episode, as Katherine Salt talks about lingerie and new media! Get an exclusive coupon for discounted registration to the New Media Europe conference just by listening to the end of the show!