Jelle Derckx is a blogger and podcaster from the Netherlands. He has two blogs: one about personal development and minimalism; and one about acting , voice acting and filmmaking. Both have a podcast: Jelle Derckx interviewt and TOOLS TALK.
Jelle will be speaking at the New Media Europe conference on 14 Ingredients of An Awesome Blog and How To Make Money With It.
[bctt tweet=”#NewMedia has changed my life. – @jdrkx”]
Top Quotes from Jelle Derckx:
- “Minimalism is decluttering and removing all the distractions out of your life that doesn’t help you, doesn’t suit you, and also looking at the most important things in your life.”
- “When I discovered the power of creating my own stuff was also a very big change for me in perspective—changing from the consuming mindset to the creating mindset.”
- “New media has changed my life.”
- “I think new media is also about that—the entrepreneurs who live for freedom and to create things that help people make money with that so that they can have the most freedom.”
- Humans of New York
- Brian Clark’s Unemployable
- The Fizzle Show by Corbett Bar, Chase Reeves, Caleb Wojcik, and Barret Brooks
- ProBlogger Podcast by Darren Rowse
- ZenHabits by Leo Babauta
- Mark Manson
- [spp-timestamp time=”00:30″] – Host Izabela Russell introduces and welcomes the episode’s guest and a speaker at the New Media Europe conference, Jelle Derckx
- [spp-timestamp time=”01:36″] – Jelle talks about minimalism
- [spp-timestamp time=”02:18″] – How Jelle is using new media for his own personal brand and business
- [spp-timestamp time=”03:34″] – Jelle’s plans to start vlogging
- [spp-timestamp time=”05:33″] – The top podcasts that Jelle is listening to right now
- [spp-timestamp time=”07:16″] – New media tools that Jelle can’t live without
- [spp-timestamp time=”08:25″] – On analysing his competitors
- [spp-timestamp time=”09:05″] – What made Jelle decide to be a speaker at the New Media Europe conference
- [spp-timestamp time=”10:13″] – What to expect from Jelle’s talk at the conference
- [spp-timestamp time=”12:17″] – People that Jelle is looking forward to meeting at the conference
- [spp-timestamp time=”13:20″] – Jelle’s drink of choice
- [spp-timestamp time=”13:51″] – Where to find Jelle online
- [spp-timestamp time=”14:48″] – Izabela thanks Jelle and wraps up the show
Connect with Jelle!
In our next episode, Mike talks to Chris Garrington about researching podcasts. Grab an exclusive coupon for discounted registration to the New Media Europe conference just by listening to the end of the show!