Colin Gray is a podcaster and online educator, and has been teaching podcasting skills for over 6 years.
Colin's passion is helping other podcasters as “The Podcast Host“. His background in online education underpins a range of online podcasting courses, all designed to help podcasters get up and running, and then enhance their shows as they develop. He also offers one-to-one support and regular mentoring for those looking for a long-term podcasting partner.
These days, Colin produces two podcasts: one on podcasting and the other on mountain biking (his release outside of the office). PodCraft is the former, a season-based show that tackles podcasting topics head-on over a series of shows, looking to create a definitive guide each time.
Colin is an experienced speaker, both in podcasting and in the academic world. Most recently, he was 1 of 6 main-track speakers at the UK Podcasters' Conference and 1 of 2 podcasting experts at the Content Marketing Academy in Fife, Scotland. He is also a speaker at the New Media Europe conference, and will present Time to Get Series-ous? How to Revitalise and Sell Your Podcast.
[bctt tweet=”#Podcasting is the most engaging way you can connect with a customer. – @ThePodcastHost”]
Top Quotes from Colin Gray:
- “It's a really exciting time for podcasters.”
- “It connects you with your audience and your audience with you in such a more deep way.”
- “At the very start, it doesn't matter what your quality is, because nobody's going to be listening at the very beginning.”
- “Podcasting is definitely the best way or the most engaging way that you can connect with a customer.”
- “While audio is great for that transparency and the trust and the personality and the audience building, I do think that sometimes there's a place for just having some writing.”
- [spp-timestamp time=”00:28″] – Host Izabela Russell introduces and welcomes the episode's guest and New Media Europe speaker, Colin Gray
- [spp-timestamp time=”01:12″] – Colin shares what he thinks of the future of podcasting
- [spp-timestamp time=”02:22″] – How Colin got started with podcasting
- [spp-timestamp time=”03:56″] – Colin's favourite thing about podcasting
- [spp-timestamp time=”04:51″] – Colin's number one tip for those planning to start a podcast for business
- [spp-timestamp time=”06:20″] – Colin shares his absolute minimum for recording a podcast
- [spp-timestamp time=”08:34″] – On podcasting as a way for businesses to connect with their audience
- [spp-timestamp time=”10:48″] – What to expect from Colin's speech at New Media Europe
- [spp-timestamp time=”13:43″] – How Colin is using new media for his personal brand and business
- [spp-timestamp time=”16:28″] – New media tools that Colin cannot live without
- [spp-timestamp time=”18:55″] – People that Colin is looking forward to meeting at New Media Europe
- [spp-timestamp time=”19:48″] – Colin's drink of choice
- [spp-timestamp time=”21:29″] – Best ways to connect with Colin online
- [spp-timestamp time=”21:47″] – Izabela thanks Colin and wraps up the show
Learn more from Colin!
Global storyteller, Jeremy Boeh, joins our next episode. Want a discounted registration to the New Media Europe conference this September? Simply listen to the end of the show to get an exclusive coupon!