More and more we live online. We make first impressions, we shake hands, do small and big deals and often also make friends in the process. How we present ourselves online is increasingly important. Professional headshot (or full body photographs) can have a positive impact on first impressions as well as our brand in general.
First Impressions Matter
When you meet somebody for the first time – you make a judgement on that person in a matter of seconds. Without even thinking about it you will judge how the person is dressed, do they smile, are they friendly and warm. This process is exactly the same when we connect with people online. We will judge that person based on the image they show us. If we can't find the image they show us we will use Google instead (when did you last google yourself?).
Why Use a Pro?
You may be tempted to just skip this step and ask a friend instead. Well, there is a reason why some of the best photographers study this art and spend hours on perfecting their skill. It is not just about the image but also about capturing the personality and soul. Only a pro will do it well. Having a professional branding also shows that you care about your image. Those small things honestly go a long way!
If you plan your photo shoot well you can end up with some fantastic branding assets as a result. Some ideas to use your brand new photos include:
- Social media avatar images
- Email signature
- Banners (ask your photographer to take some photos with easy to blend background – it will be easy to insert logo or branding message next to your image).
- Website background
- Traditional print (having neural background would be of help here!)
Tips for a Successful Photo Shoot
Make sure to prepare yourself for it. You are likely spending £200 – £500 so make this investment worthwhile!
- Think ahead of the time what to wear. Think of what colours are going to best reflect your personality and also match your business branding.
- Hire a professional makeup artist.
- Get your hair done.
- Be rested and relaxed. Nothing worst than having to stress about deadlines or other projects. Try to schedule the session in the best times possible.